At the end of the year, several colleagues of the AIST research group had the chance to present various project results at this year’s International Conference on Electrical, Computer, Communications and Mechatronics Engineering (ICECCME 2022) at the Maldives National University in Malé (Maldives). Results from the projects Big Power Data, Eaci, Voigas, as well as SOC Toolkit were presented to an international audience. Specifically, the following scientific publications were presented:
- Christoph Praschl, Sebastian Pritz, Oliver Krauss, Martin Harrer (A Comparison of Relational, NoSQL and NewSQL Database Management Systems for the Persistence of Time Series Data).
- Clara Diesenreiter, Oliver Krauss, Simone Sandler, Andreas Stöckl (ProperBERT – Proactive Recognition of Offensive Phrasing for Effective Regulation)
- Oliver Krauss, Konstantin Papesh (Analysis of Threat Intelligence Information Exchange via the STIX Standard)
- Elisabeth Mayrhuber, Oliver Krauss (User Profile-Based Recommendation Engine Mitigation, the Cold-Start Problem)
- Simone Sandler, Oliver Krauss, Clara Diesenreiter, Andreas Stöckl (Detecting Fake News and Performing Quality Ranking of German News Papers Using Machine Learning)
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all participants for the exchange of ideas and the interesting discussions during the conference.